Blotter: Aug. 14, 2009b
Assault suspect wanted
• Crime Stoppers is seeking information about the location of Jerry Loren Velasquez. Velasquez has a warrant out for his arrest in Mesa County for two counts of sexual assault and two counts of unlawful sexual contact.
Velasquez is 25 years old, Hispanic, male, 135 pounds, 5 feet 7 inches tall, and has brown eyes and black hair.
Anyone who knows where the man is can call Crime Stoppers at 241-7867.
Calls are anonymous and can earn a caller $1,000.
According to the Grand Junction Police Department:
• More than $1,000 in items were stolen Wednesday from a car parked in the 2800 block of North Avenue.
• A thief entered a home in the southeastern part of the city and stole items valued at less than $500 on Wednesday.
According to the Mesa County Sheriff’s Department:
• A Clifton woman told deputies Thursday she thought her soon-to-be ex-husband was lurking around her home in the 600 block of Helena Street.
The husband called deputies and said his life was threatened.
Deputies found no evidence of domestic abuse at the time.
• Christopher Allen, 43, was arrested Wednesday at 272 1/2 E. Lynwood St. on a warrant for suspicion of contempt of court pertaining to a sexual assault on a child.
• A man reported Wednesday that the lug nuts were loosened on his car in the 600 block of Irwin Drive, causing two studs to sheer off and causing $200 in estimated damage.
According to the Garfield County Sheriff’s Department:
• Garfield County Jail inmate Patrick William Sanford is suspected of breaking a sprinkler head in a holding cell Monday and faces charges of criminal mischief, first-degree criminal tampering and obstruction of government operation.
• A Garfield County search and rescue unit responded to a call about a man with a head injury Wednesday.
The man had climbed halfway up the Hanging Lake Trail in Glenwood Springs.