Blotter: Aug. 15, 2009b
Burglary suspect arrested
• A Mack couple who caught a person crawling through a window in their home followed the suspect and led police to the man’s location, according to the Mesa County Sheriff’s Department.
Just before 2 a.m. Friday morning, a couple in the 1500 block of 10 Road reported the attempted burglary. Deputies arrested 36-year-old Richard Kwan of Aracadia, Calif., in connection with the incident. He was booked into Mesa County Jail on Thursday on suspicion of first-degree trespassing of a dwelling.
According to the Grand Junction Police Department:
• Daniel Wayne Roper, 25, 2223 Hall Ave., was arrested Thursday on suspicion of two counts of felony menacing and two counts of threatening a peace officer with a weapon.
• A burglar entered a home Wednesday in the 700 block of Roundup Drive and took items valued at more $1,000.
• A burglar took less than $500 from a gun safe on Wednesday from a home in the 900 block of Grand Avenue.
According to the Mesa County Sheriff’s Department:
• Angela Kay Ricks-Coff, 37, was arrested Thursday on suspicion of distributing drugs, possessing a weapon as a previous weapon offender, possession of drug paraphernalia and a driving license violation.
• Robert William Grace, 22, 693 Curecanti Circle, was arrested Wednesday at 1051 Teller Ave., No. 3, on a warrant for suspicion of deserting the Marine Corps.
• A vandal reportedly broke a window with a rock Wednesday at a home in the 2200 block of Stagecoach Road.
According to the Delta Police Department:
• Eddie Diaz Peraza, 22, of Delta, was arrested Wednesday on suspicion of third-degree assault and intimidating a witness or victim.
• Bryan Scott Reim, 27, of Delta, was arrested Wednesday on suspicion of second-degree assault on a peace officer, resisting arrest, obstruction of a peace officer, crimes against an at-risk adult and violation of a protection order.