Blotter: Aug. 23, 2009
Forgery suspect booked
• Mesa County Sheriff’s Department deputies arrested Alfred Elias Moreno of Rifle on Friday evening on a warrant. Moreno, who turned 29 Friday, is suspected of first-degree forgery and theft of less than $20,000.
Female drug suspect held
• Tawny Sky Calvins, 19, was booked into Mesa County Jail early Saturday morning on suspicion of two counts of distribution, manufacture, sale and/or possession of a controlled substance; possession of drug paraphernalia; possession of an alcoholic beverage by a person under the age of 21; and being a special offender, according to the Grand Junction Police Department.
According to the Grand Junction Police Department:
• A thief stole a vehicle parked at Cannell Avenue and Orchard Avenue on Friday.
According to the Mesa County Sheriff’s Department:
• A woman said two people looked into a window at an occupied residence in the 2400 block of Red Ranch Drive on Friday night.
• Deputies were called to a home in the 3100 block of F 1/2 Road early Saturday morning on the report of a fight. Richard Jacobs, 20, and Thomas Whalen, 19, were issued summonses that alleged underage drinking.