Blotter: Aug. 30, 2009
Climber’s body recovered
• Summit County Search and Rescue volunteers have recovered the body of a Wyoming man who collapsed Friday while climbing Quandary Peak, a 14,265-foot mountain in the Tenmile Range about six miles southwest of Breckenridge.
Authorities identified the hiker as 44-year-old Kevin Joseph Gill of Cheyenne. Gill was co-owner of the Gill Window Co. An investigation is planned into his death.
A Flight for Life helicopter from Colorado Springs landed around 13,000 feet. Crews climbed the mountain and carried the man’s body on a litter for about 1,000 feet downhill before loading the body onto a one-wheeled litter used for evacuations on a single track trail. The incident was the seventh mission so far this year on Quandary Peak for Summit
County Search and Rescue.
According to the Grand Junction Police Department:
• A woman reported on Friday morning that she had been sexually assaulted.
• A vandal caused an estimated $1,400 damage to a window in the 2800 block of North Avenue.
• Jacob Cole, 32, and Bradley Manzanarez, 27, received summonses alleging that they attempting to provoke a fight early Saturday morning in the 1100 block of BookCliff Avenue.
According to the Mesa County Sheriff’s Department:
• An intoxicated woman reported that her wallet with $4,300 worth of cash, credit, debit cards and identification was stolen from her purse at a party in the 3200 block of Collyer Avenue on Friday night. Witnesses at the scene told deputies the woman had her purse on her arm the entire night.