Blotter: Aug. 31, 2009
Six rescued from river
Three children and three adults were rescued Saturday afternoon from at boat in the Colorado River near the Redlands Parkway, according to the Mesa County Sheriff’s Department.
Shortly before 1 p.m., deputies and Mesa County Search and Rescue responded to a report of a boat stranded on rocks in the river.
Criminal mischief alleged
Wendy Sue Butler, 68, 613 1/2 Helena St., was arrested Saturday on suspicion of criminal mischief after electronics were broken and damaged during a domestic disturbance, according to the Mesa County Sheriff’s Department.
Damage was estimated at $1,000 to $20,000.
According to the Grand Junction Police Department:
• A thief stole more than $1,000 in items from a residence in the 400 block of Tanner Street on Friday.
• A thief stole a large tarp valued at more than $1,000 from the bed of a truck parked at U.S. Highway 50 and Clymer Way on Friday.
• A man stole property valued at less than $1,000 Friday from a residence in the 100 block of Hillcrest Avenue while the home was occupied.
• Vandals caused more than $1,000 in damage to property in the 800 block of
21 1/2 Road on Saturday.
• A thief stole a portable liquid oxygen tank valued at more than $1,000 Thursday from an apartment in the 3200 block of North 12th Street.
According to the Mesa County Sheriff’s Department:
• The passenger side of a 2007 Chevrolet Silverado truck was keyed from the front to the rear bumper on Saturday in the 3200 block of White Avenue.
Damage was estimated at $100 after the owner of the truck said the key mark could be buffed out.
According to the Fruita Police Department:
• Adrian Banuelas, 18, 1049 Cleveland Ave. in Fruita, was arrested Saturday on suspicion of felony menacing.