Blotter: December 033, 2008
Truck rolls near De Beque
• A cement truck rolled about two miles east of the Cowboy Chapel northeast of
De Beque around noon Tuesday.
The truck driver was taken to the Palisade Fire Department and then to a hospital.
Facility escapee arrested
• Christopher Paul Rock, 35, Grand Junction, was arrested Monday on suspicion of escaping an alternative-sentence facility, according to the Mesa County Sheriff’s Department.
He was arrested in the 800 block of White Avenue, a few blocks from the facility in the 500 block of Pitkin Avenue.
Getaway truck hits person
• A truck with a Grand Junction man and woman ran over the foot of a Wal-Mart employee in Delta on Nov. 24 while fleeing with almost $3,000 in stolen electronics, according to the Delta Police Department.
Employees from the store were chasing Julie A. Skelly, 34, and Dustin G. Hyatt, 31, when their truck hit the employee and almost hit a nearby car with customers in it, police said. The customers followed the two and called police to report where Skelly and Hyatt were hiding.
The employee sustained minor injuries.
According to the Grand Junction Police Department:
• A thief used stolen property Sunday to cause more than $1,000 in damage in the 1200 block of Gunnison Avenue.
• A thief broke into a building Monday in the 2400 block of Patterson Road and stole items valued at more than $1,000.
According to the Mesa County Sheriff’s Department:
• A vandal threw rocks through the window of a fifth-wheel trailer Monday in the 3200 block of E Road, causing about $40 in damage.
• Someone broke yard lights and tried to enter a home through a sliding glass door Monday in the 3300 block of Laurel Lane.
• Ezequiel Medrano, 19, Grand Junction, was arrested Tuesday on suspicion of second-degree auto theft, contributing to the delinquency of a minor, underage alcohol possession and driving with a revoked license.
According to the Fruita Police Department:
• Someone stole more than 14 gallons of gas valued at $25 on Nov. 25 from a gas station in the 500 block of Raptor Road.
• Someone rammed a car Thursday and caused damage to it.