Blotter: December 06, 2008
Illegal drugs suspected
• Amy Marie Bratton, 21, of Grand Junction, was arrested Thursday afternoon on suspicion of possessing illegal drugs after deputies from the Mesa County Sheriff’s Department contacted her in the 200 block of Main Street.
According to reports from the Sheriff’s Department, Bratton had a warrant out for her arrest when she was contacted.
Bratton was booked into Mesa County Jail.
Man injured with rock
• Mesa County sheriff’s deputies pulled a man from the Colorado River in the area of the Fifth Street Bridge on Thursday evening after he was injured in a fight.
According to reports from the Sheriff’s Department, the man was injured with a rock.
The incident remains under investigation.
According to the Grand Junction Police Department:
• Two people caused more than $1,000 in damages to a business in the 2700 block of U.S. Highway 50 sometime Wednesday night or Thursday morning. Once inside, the suspects stole property worth more than $1,000.
• An unknown juvenile struck someone in the 2800 block of Orchard Avenue late Wednesday evening, causing the victim to lose a tooth.
• Drugs were stolen from a business in the 2600 block of U.S. Highway 50 sometime Wednesday night or Thursday morning.
• A thief stole more than $1,000 worth of property from a home in the 1000 block of White Avenue sometime Thursday morning or afternoon.
• Monica Madrid, 21, was issued a summons on suspicion of indecent exposure after officers contacted her in the 600 block of Main Street early Friday morning.
• A thief stole a car parked in the 2300 block of Bunting Avenue sometime early Friday morning.
According to the Mesa County Sheriff’s Department:
• Stephanie Gayle Wright, 28, 424 32 Road, No. 24, was arrested Thursday at her home on suspicion of theft and criminal impersonation. Wright was booked into Mesa County Jail.
• A vandal broke a window of a car parked in the 600 block of 32 Road sometime Wednesday or Thursday.