Blotter: December 07, 2008
Drugs, cash seized
• Large quantities of drugs and money were found in a hotel room on Dec. 2, according to the Grand Junction Police Department.
Richard Joseph Power, 2901 Patterson Road, was alleged to be in possession of drugs. A search warrant led police to his hotel room, where money was seized.
The case was handled by the Drug Task Force.
• The Grand Junction Police Department is investigating an unarmed robbery possibly involving police impersonators in the central part of the city.
The victim said people who told her they were police officers unlawfully took her medication, according to a report from the police department.
Because the case is still open, no other information about the crime could be released.
ATV, vehicle in accident
• The Colorado State Patrol responded to a vehicle and ATV accident in Delta on
H Road around 2:40 p.m.
A person was flown to St. Mary’s Hospital with non-life-threatening injuries, according to patrol dispatch.
According to the Grand Junction Police Department:
• Thieves stole several traffic signs valued at $1,000 from 25 and Patterson roads.
• A 15-year-old boy was issued a summonses alleging shoplifting from 1901 N. First St.
• Peter Orourke-Freeman, 18, was issued a summons alleging shoplifting from 2424 U.S. Highway 6&50.