Blotter: December 09, 2008
Cops: Woman molested kids
• A Grand Junction woman was behind bars Monday night at Mesa County Jail on suspicion of sexually assaulting children.
Maria Kennedy is in custody on a $50,000 bond on suspicion of sex assault on a child and sex assault on a child by a person in a position of trust. Kennedy allegedly made three young girls touch her sexually, according to an arrest affidavit.
Kennedy turned herself in to police Friday on a warrant for her arrest.
According to the Grand Junction Police Department:
• Property valued at more than $1,000 was taken from a garage in the area of 31 and E roads.
• A man, who was determined to be a person in a position of trust, sexually assaulted a juvenile in the northeast portion of the city.
According to the Mesa County Sheriff’s Department:
• A Global Positioning System unit valued at $600 was reported lost at the Kokopelli trailhead.
• Jesse Gene Gregory, 27, homeless, was arrested and booked into Mesa County Jail on suspicion of second-degree assault, third-degree assault and menacing.
According to the Montrose County Sheriff’s Department:
• A deputy responded to assist a Colorado State Patrol trooper with a vehicle crash in the area of Oak Grove and 6300 Road. Brian Lewis, 26, was arrested on suspicion of possession of a weapon by a previous offender and prohibited use of a weapon. Police said Lewis fled the scene of the accident.
• Deputies responded to a call of an assault in the 12300 block of 6450 Road. An investigation is ongoing.