Blotter: December 13, 2008
Meth possession alleged
• Matthew Aaron Higgins, 28, 3230 E. Rood Circle, No. 3, was arrested Thursday morning on suspicion of methamphetamine possession after Mesa County Sheriff’s deputies contacted him at his home.
Deputies also discovered Higgins was named in an arrest warrant, according to reports from the Mesa County Sheriff’s Department. Higgins was booked into Mesa County Jail.
Vehicle break-ins at motels
• The Grand Junction Police Department is investigating a series of break-ins along Horizon Drive.
According to the Police Department, thieves are targeting cars parked at motels and hotels in the area. Anyone with information is asked to call 970-241-7867.
Five suspected of shoplifting
• Grand Junction police issued summons Thursday to at least four people suspected of shoplifting from the Kohl’s department store, 636 Market St.
Tammy Bateman, 39, Yolanda Thompson, 36, and two juveniles were each suspected of stealing merchandise from the store.
One other person, Cara Jones, 23, was issued a summons at the Mesa Mall on suspicion of shoplifting.
According to the Grand Junction Police Department:
• Erik McDermott, 26, was issued a summons on suspicion of indecent exposure after officers contacted him in the 600 block of Main Street early Thursday morning.
• A thief stole property valued at more than $1,000 Thursday morning from a car parked in the 2900 block of Juan Way.
• A robbery was reported in the 2900 block of North Avenue early Wednesday morning.
According to the Mesa County Sheriff’s Department:
• A thief stole snowboarding equipment valued at $900 Thursday morning from a home in the 500 block of Greenfield Circle.
• Someone scattered mail around the yard of a home in the 3000 block of E 1/2 Road sometime Wednesday night or Thursday morning.