Blotter: December 21, 2008
Homeless man found dead
• A 46-year-old homeless man was found dead in the area of 140 Power Road on the west bank of the Colorado River shortly before midnight Friday.
After an autopsy Saturday, it was determined that he had internal injuries that “may have contributed to or led to the man’s death,” according to a news release from the Grand Junction Police Department.
The investigation is ongoing, the police are calling this a “suspicious death.”
According to the Grand Junction Police Department:
• A 25-year-old man is suspected of having sexual relations with a 14-year-old female in the south part of the city. Police are investigating the case
• Charles Weaver, 39, was arrested and booked on suspicion of domestic violence. The charges are third-degree assault and second-degree kidnapping.
According to the Mesa County Sheriff’s Department:
• David James Copeland, 43, was arrested on suspicion of vehicular assault, driving under the influence of drugs, driving with a revoked license and other drug possession charges.
• John Jacob McCarty, 44, was arrested on suspicion of possession of a schedule II controlled substance and possession of drug paraphernalia, along with a lane use violation.