Blotter: December 23, 2009
Thief hits Nativity scene
• For the second year in a row, someone has stolen the baby Jesus from the Nativity scene at Eileen Hart’s home.
A picture of the Nativity scene at the home around 30 Road and Orchard Avenue appeared in The Daily Sentinel on Dec. 17. Hart said the baby Jesus was in its manger Saturday night. When she woke up Sunday morning, the baby Jesus was gone.
Hart said she replaced the baby Jesus last year and it cost more than for “the trio.” She’ll do it again this year.
“It’s just rotten,” she said. “It’s probably kids (stealing it). But it’s frustrating.”
According to the Grand Junction Police Department:
• Brian Austin, 43, address unknown, was issued a summons Sunday after he allegedly assaulted a woman at Wal-Mart, 2881 North Ave., and damaged her vehicle by kicking it.
• Jessie Angelo Martinez, 26, 244 W. Indian Creek, was arrested on a warrant Sunday on suspicion of theft of less than $500, check fraud and violating his probation.
According to the Mesa County Sheriff’s Department:
• Quentin John Fowler, 22, 1394 16 Road, was arrested Sunday on suspicion of possession of a controlled substance.
• A man living in the 600 block of Americana Drive reported Sunday that someone moved his outdoor Christmas ornaments while he was gone.