Blotter: December 24, 2009
Two accused of car break-in
• Two men, both 21, were arrested after they allegedly broke into a vehicle parked at Eagle Rim Park and attempted to steal a stereo, according to the Grand Junction Police Department.
Tyler Murphy, 324 Carriage Hill Court and Justin Perkins, 495 Coronado Drive, No. D3, were each booked into Mesa County Jail early Tuesday morning on suspicion of theft, criminal mischief and first-degree trespassing on a vehicle.
The stereo was valued at less than $1,000.
According to the Grand Junction Police Department:
• Someone used another person’s financial information from the 600 block of Monarch Glen Loop.
• Someone illegally discharged a firearm in the 300 block of Plateau Drive early Sunday.
• A man caused more than $1,000 in damages to a person’s property in the 600 block of Tiger Avenue.
According to the Mesa County Sheriff’s Department:
• Someone caused more than $50 in damages to a mailbox in the 100 block of Belmont Drive.
• Deputies responded to a report of a fight in the 3200 block of East Hall Avenue. Several people ran from deputies but later were arrested on suspicion of burglary and assault.