Blotter: December 25, 2008
Six arrested in car break-ins
• Six men were arrested in Eagle County on Tuesday in connection with more than three dozen car break-ins during the past several weeks.
Edgar Rivera Gaeta, 21, from Gypsum; Victor Varela, 19, from Gypsum; a 15-year-old Hispanic boy from Gypsum; a 17-year-old Hispanic boy from Eagle; a 16-year-old Hispanic boy from Gypsum; and another 16-year-old Hispanic boy face charges ranging from first-degree trespass, theft, theft by receiving and criminal mischief.
Gaeta and Varela are being held on a $50,000 bond each. The juveniles were released to their parents pending further court proceedings.
Most of the break-ins occurred late at night in large parking lots.
Motorcycle thief sought
• Police are looking for information on who broke into a home in the 3100 block of E Road between Dec. 1 and Dec. 6 and stole a motorcycle and seven guns.
The motorcycle is a XR100R Honda, and the guns are: a Ruger 300 Win rifle M77 with a scope; Colt 45 pistol; Ruger P985 9 mm pistol; .50-caliber muzzle load rifle; Russian 7.62 mm assault rifle with a scope; a Savage Hr17 rifle with a scope; and a Marlin .22-caliber rifle with a scope. Anyone with information can call Crime Stoppers at 241-7867 or 800-221-7867.
According to the Grand Junction Police Department:
• Someone broke into a home Monday in the 1100 block of Belford Avenue and stole property valued at less than $1,000.
• Twila Gallegos, 39, Mark Trujillo, 38, and a 17-year-old boy were issued tickets Tuesday alleging they shoplifted at Mesa Mall.
• Milo Sakala, 28, was issued a ticket Wednesday alleging indecent exposure and public urination.
According to the Mesa County Sheriff’s Department:
• Someone shot pink paintballs Tuesday at a home in the 3300 block of E 3/4 Road, causing about $500 in damage.
• Martha Rosario Gonzales, 28, of Grand Junction, was arrested Tuesday on suspicion of possession of a controlled substance, marijuana and drug paraphernalia.
• Destinie Sara Elizabeth Salazar, 23, Grand Junction was arrested Tuesday on suspicion of possession of a controlled substance, marijuana and drug paraphernalia.