Blotter: December 28, 2009
Man accused of violence
• A Grand Junction man was arrested on suspicion of domestic violence, according to the Grand Junction Police Department. Joe Max Vallejos, 40, was arrested at 1009 Colorado Ave. on suspicion of false imprisonment, third-degree assault, obstruction of a telephone, harassment and domestic violence. Police said an investigation revealed Vallejos shoved, punched, obstructed phone service and held a person against her will, the police department said.
According to the Grand Junction Police Department:
• A vandal or vandals caused more than $5,000 in damages to property at Melrose Park.
• A burglar caused less than $1,000 in property damages after illegally entering a building in the 700 block of Horizon Drive.
• A burglar caused more than $1,000 in damages after illegally entering a building in the 2100 block of Bond Street.
• A vandal caused $1,000 in property damages after breaking out the rear window of a vehicle parked in the 1100 block of Lowell Court.
• A man sexually assaulted a 13-year-old girl in the southeast portion of the city.
According to the Mesa County Sheriff’s Department:
• Someone broke out a window of a vehicle parked in the 200 block of 28 1/2 Road.
• About $85 in items were stolen from a vehicle parked in the 600 block of 31 Road.