Blotter: February 02, 2009
Identity theft suspected
• Beau Brady Wilson, 20, of Grand Junction, was arrested Saturday evening on suspicion of identity theft and several related crimes after he turned himself in at the front counter of the Mesa County Sheriff’s Department.
When deputies checked Wilson out, they discovered an active warrant for his arrest.
He was booked into Mesa County Jail.
Redlands power goes out
A broken overhead conductor left 4,980 Redlands residents without power for more than an hour Saturday night, according to Fred Eggleston, spokesman for Xcel Energy.
Eggleston said area homes and businesses lost power at 10:54 p.m. and had it restored at 12:03 a.m.
“The crews were able to spot it (the problem) very rapidly and did an amazing job repairing it,” he said.
According to the Grand Junction Police Department:
• A thief stole a car valued at more than $20,000 from a home in the 2600 block of North Seventh Street sometime Saturday morning.
• A vandal caused damage valued at more than $1,000 to a home and car in the 3000 block of North 14th Street sometime Saturday morning.
• A vandal caused more than $1,000 in damages to property in the 1300 block of East Sherwood Drive sometime Saturday morning.
• A thief stole a camper shell valued at more than $1,000 from a home in the 1300 block of Elm Avenue sometime Saturday morning.
• A thief stole property valued at more than $1,000 from the Le Master motel, 2858 North Ave., sometime Saturday afternoon.
According to the Mesa County Sheriff’s Department:
• Jason Robert Lunk, 29, of Grand Junction, was arrested Saturday night on suspicion of felony trespass after deputies contacted him in the 3000 block of Wedgewood Drive. He was booked into jail.