Blotter: February 04, 2009
Gun report a mistake
• A call to the Mesa County Sheriff’s Department by a concerned resident that children were seen holding a gun turned out to be much less serious. After deputies on Monday were dispatched 500 block of Placer Street it was determined children were riding their bikes and playing in their backyard with a stick, according to the department. Deputies determined the children had not made any threats with the stick.
According to the Grand Junction Police Department:
• Damages valued at more than $1,000 were caused to a property in the 2000 block of Ouray Avenue.
• Mark Deckard, 38, homeless, was arrested on suspicion of unlawfully carrying a concealed weapon during a routine park check in the 400 block of Pitkin Avenue.
• Erick Bingham, 26, was arrested on suspicion of domestic violence and criminal mischief after causing damages valued at less than $500 in the 300 block of South Avenue.
According to the Mesa County Sheriff’s Department:
• About $300 worth of damage was caused to a rear window of a vehicle parked in the 200 block of Beaver Street.
• A wallet containing about $90 cash was stolen in the 2900 block of North Avenue.
• Damage valued at $100 was caused to a home on I Road after it was hit with paintballs.
• A mobile home valued at $17,070 was reported stolen in the 3600 block of Desert Road.