Blotter: February 05, 2009
Pickup abandoned, burned
• A pickup was found in flames near 27 1/4 Road and Grand Junction Regional Airport around 8:30 p.m. Jan. 28. Mesa County sheriff’s deputies said the truck probably had been left in the area because it was stuck in the mud Jan. 26. Damage to the vehicle was estimated to be more than $45,000.
The Mesa County Sheriff’s Department is asking that anyone with information about the incident to call Crime Stoppers at 241-7867. Callers remain anonymous.
Woman jailed on warrant
• Brandy Willow, 32, was jailed after police contacted her on a traffic stop and learned she was named in an arrest warrant on drug charges, according to the Grand Junction Police Department.
Officers alleged she was in possession of methamphetamine. Willow also had a child in the vehicle at the time.
According to the Grand Junction Police Department:
• Matthew Flores, 25, was issued a summons on suspicion of trespassing in the 600 block of Main Street.
• Counterfeit bills were used at a business in the 2800 block of North Avenue, causing the business a loss of less than $500.
• Ashley Noel Place, 20, and a 16-year-old were issued summonses on suspicion of shoplifting in the 2800 block of North Avenue.
According to the Mesa County Sheriff’s Department:
• Deputies were asked to contact a grandmother of a Clifton child who was bullying children.
• Fire hydrant valves were opened in the 100 block of Steve Court, causing flooding in the neighborhood.
• Mail theft was reported in the 3100 block of Chipeta Avenue. A package valued at $80 was taken without permission.
• A temporary license plate was taken off a vehicle in the 2900 block of Orchard Avenue.
• Extra patrol was requested in the area of 32 and B 1/2 Roads between 5 a.m. and 6 a.m. because of a habitually aggressive driver.
According to the Montrose County Sheriff’s Department:
• A deputy on patrol at the Montrose Regional Airport was given a piece of drug paraphernalia.
• Deputies responded to Montrose Memorial Hospital on report of an accidental gunshot wound.