Blotter: February 06, 2009
Woman accused of assault
• A woman who allegedly grabbed a man’s crotch as she was being removed from a local bar, and later kicked a police officer in the knee and spit on another officer while they were attempting to restrain her, was being held Thursday at Mesa County Jail, according to the Sheriff’s Department.
Glory Gilda Lewis, 39, 488 32 Road, No. A6, was asked by management to leave The Stadium, 3210 Interstate 70 Business Loop on Wednesday night because she was harassing women in the restroom and other people in the bar, according to an arrest affidavit.
Lewis’ husband, Jason Custer, said his wife gets belligerent when she drinks alcohol and asked that she be taken to a detoxification facility after she yelled obscenities to deputies who arrived at the scene. Lewis was arrested on suspicion on two counts of second-degree assault on a peace officer, third-degree assault, unlawful sexual contact and disorderly conduct.
Fire damages home
• A buildup of creosote is being blamed for a chimney fire that started about 6:30 Thursday night at a home at 2916 F 1/2 Road, according to the Grand Junction Fire Department. One person and a dog at the home escaped unharmed, and the fire did not spread to the home, fire officials said.
According to the Grand Junction Police Department:
• Narcotics valued at $500 were stolen from a building in the 2500 block of Little Bookcliff Drive.
• Someone was sexually assaulted in the north section of the city.
• Property valued at more than $1,000 was stolen from a building in the 2400 block of Industrial Boulevard.
According to the Mesa County Sheriff’s Department:
• A female motorist filled her vehicle with fuel valued at $15 and left without paying at a store in the 500 block of 32 Road.
• Items valued at more than $4,000 were taken from a home in the 3000 block of Wellington Ave.
• A window was broken in the 400 block of Tracey Drive.
• Two intoxicated men were arrested and booked into Mesa County Jail after deputies responded to a report of a fight in the 2300 block of Monument Road.