Blotter: February 08, 2009
Woman finds stranger’s clothes in yard
• A woman in the 500 block of 28 1/2 Road reported finding some items that weren’t hers in her backyard on Friday morning, according to the Mesa County Sheriff’s Department. The woman told police that clothing she found probably was discarded the night before when police were seeking someone who ran through her yard, the department said.
According to the Grand Junction Police Department:
• Michael Steven Johnson, 54, was booked into Mesa County Jail on suspicion of felony theft of $1,000 to $20,000.
• Dora Zambrano, 50, and Gloria Tercero, 23, received summonses alleging they shoplifted items from Wal-Mart at 2545 Rimrock Ave.
• Items valued at more than $1,000 were stolen from a vehicle parked at Mesa Mall.
• Rachel Peterson, 29, received a summons alleging that he stole items from a business in the 500 block of Main Street.
• A 15-year-old boy was arrested on suspicion of threatening a girl with a knife in the 1400 block of North Fifth Street.
According to the Mesa County Sheriff’s Department:
• Solar lights valued at $120 were damaged at a home in the 500 block of West Willow Drive.
• A shack in the 100 block of 32 Road was damaged.