Blotter: February 09, 2009
Three accused of drug offenses
• Two 17-year-olds and an 18-year-old man were arrested Sunday morning on suspicion of various drug offenses at North Avenue and Court Road, according to the Grand Junction Police Department.
A 17-year-old boy was arrested on suspicion of possession of a controlled substance, possession of drug paraphernalia and possession of marijuana.
A 17-year-old girl was issued a ticket on suspicion of possessing marijuana and drug paraphernalia, and Michael Neatherly, 18, was issued a ticket on suspicion of possession of drug paraphernalia.
Underage drinking alleged
• Aaron Cummings, 22, was issued a ticket Saturday on suspicion of prohibited use of a weapon and providing alcohol to minors, according to the Grand Junction Police Department.
A boy and a girl were arrested at the same time on suspicion of obstructing a police officer, criminal mischief, consumption of alcohol by a minor and violating a restraining order.
According to the Grand Junction Police Department:
• Rafael Perez, 19, was issued a ticket
Feb. 2 on suspicion of shoplifting in the 2400 block of North Avenue.
• Two 14-year-old girls were issued tickets Friday on suspicion of shoplifting from five stores at Mesa Mall.
• A thief broke into a storage unit Saturday in the 2900 block of North Avenue and stole property valued at more than $1,000.
• Susan Beresford, 30, was issued a ticket Saturday on suspicion of shoplifting in the 2500 block of Rimrock Avenue.
• Two 15-year-old boys were issued tickets Saturday on suspicion of shoplifting from Mesa Mall.
According to the Mesa County Sheriff’s Department:
• Camilla Nicole Freadrich, 35, Grand Junction, was arrested Saturday on suspicion of possession of a controlled substance, possession of drug paraphernalia and child abuse.
• Omar Pina-Tena, 22, Milliken, was arrested Saturday on suspicion of identity theft, criminal impersonation, possession of forged documents, immigration violation, driving without a valid license and driving with no proof of insurance.
• A Yamaha four-wheeler valued at $3,500 was stolen Saturday in the 300 block of Cutting Court in Whitewater.
• A man and woman allegedly shoplifted alcohol Saturday from a liquor store in the 500 block of 32 Road.