Blotter: February 10, 2009
Women accused of kidnap
• Two Clifton women were arrested Sunday on suspicion of kidnapping when they allegedly took a girl from her mother’s apartment on behalf of the father, according to the Grand Junction Police Department.
Tomme Ortiz, 22, and LeAnne Dart, 43, allegedly blocked the driveway of a 20-year-old mother when she was trying to pull out. Ortiz entered the mother’s apartment in the 2800 block of Orchard Avenue and took her daughter, who was being watched by the mother’s friend, while Dart argued with the woman outside.
The two women left the apartment and brought the child to her father, according to an arrest affidavit.
According to the Grand Junction Police Department:
• A 13-year-old was issued a ticket Sunday for allegedly shoplifting at Mesa Mall.
• Mary Hanley, 27, was issued a ticket Sunday on suspicion of theft in the 2600 block of Belford Avenue.
• Someone broke into a car Saturday parked in the 400 block of JoAlan Court and stole parts valued at more than $1,000.
• Someone stole property valued between $1,000 to $15,000 Feb. 2 from a vehicle parked at Home Depot.
According to the Mesa County Sheriff’s Department:
• Someone broke into a car Sunday in the 3200 block of Lands End Avenue and stole property valued at $200.
• Someone broke into a car Sunday in the 3200 block of D 1/2 Road and stole property valued at $500.
• Three tires and wheels were stolen Sunday from a garage in the 600 block of 20 Road.
• An airgun valued at $900 was stolen Sunday from a car in the 500 block of Shoshone Street.