Blotter: February 14, 2009
Auto theft suspected
• Nick Evan Angel, 34, 915 Belford Ave., was arrested Thursday night on suspicion of auto theft, drug possession and a series of related offenses after deputies contacted him in the 500 block of 32 Road.
Angel, who was riding in a car, had two warrants for his arrest when deputies contacted him, according to Mesa County Jail records.
Angel was booked into jail.
Two homes vandalized
• Two homes in the 500 block of 32 1/2 Road were vandalized Wednesday night or Thursday morning.
According to the Mesa County Sheriff’s Department, spray paint caused $100 in damagesto one home and $300 in damage to the second.
According to the Grand Junction Police Department:
• Michael William Long, 31, 3034 Lancaster Gate St., was arrested Thursday afternoon on suspicion of criminal impersonation and possession of a weapon by a previous offender after officers contacted him in the 700 block of Horizon Drive.
He was booked into Mesa County Jail later that day.
• William Efrain Jobin-Acosta, 19, 864 Bunting Ave., was arrested Friday morning on suspicion of contributing to the delinquency of a minor after officers contacted him at his home.
He was booked into Mesa County Jail later that morning.
• A burglar attempted to break into a dorm room Wednesday at Mesa State College by cutting a screen, opening the window and moving a dresser. The case remains under investigation.
According to the Mesa County Sheriff’s Department:
• Deputies collected a bag of trash left on Interstate 70 near mile marker 46 and took it to the Mesa County Landfill.