Blotter: February 15, 2009
Woman driver reports gun threat on I-70
• A motorist from Wyoming said someone pointed a gun at her from inside another vehicle as she was traveling through De Beque Canyon on Interstate 70 on Friday afternoon. The woman gave deputies a description of the vehicle, and Garfield County authorities were alerted, according to the Mesa County Sheriff’s Department.
According to the Grand Junction Police Department:
• Items valued at more than $1,000 were taken from a purse that was found in the 1200 block of 12th Street.
• Joseph C. Stratton, 21, received a summons alleging he fought in public at 538 Main St.
• Damage was caused to a vehicle parked in the 1100 block of North First Street.
• A vehicle valued at more than $4,000 was taken from in front of a residence in the 2800 block of North Avenue.
• A vehicle was stolen from the area of 2800 Music Avenue.
• Joshua James Wilson, 25, was booked into Mesa County Jail on suspicion of felony drug possession and possession of drug paraphernalia.
According to the Mesa County Sheriff’s Department:
• Gary Martin Johnson, 49, was booked into Mesa County Jail on suspicion of third-degree assault, harassment and menacing.