Blotter: February 18, 2009
Edwards woman missing
• Brenda Sue Porter, 45, of Edwards has been missing since Saturday, when she called 911, said “No, no don’t take me” and hung up, according to the Eagle County Sheriff’s Department.
Porter is 5 feet, 5 inches tall with blonde hair, blue eyes and a thin build.
Anyone with information on her whereabouts can call the Eagle County Crimestoppers at 970-328-7007.
Woman accused of robbery
• A 20-year-old woman faces robbery charges after she allegedly shoplifted from the Rimrock Wal-Mart on Monday and tried to run from store security, according to the Grand Junction Police Department.
The woman was detained by security on suspicion of shoplifting items valued at less than $100, but she used physical force to try and flee.
The woman also damaged property during the incident.
Message signs damaged
• Deputies responded to two reports Monday of portable message signs being damaged less than two blocks apart, according to the Mesa County Sheriff’s Department.
Both incidents occurred along U.S. Highway 6 in Loma with the first near 12 1/2 Road and the second near 14 Road.
The damage to both signs is estimated at $20,000.
According to the Grand Junction Police Department:
• Jason Smith, 25, was issued a ticket Monday for allegedly urinating in public.
• A vehicle was vandalized Monday causing more than $1,000 in damage in the 700 block of 26 1/2 Road.
• Someone stole a debit card Tuesday and used it to purchase items from stores in Mesa Mall.
• Someone broke into a car Sunday in the 2500 block of Ranch Court and stole property valued at less than $15,000.
• Someone broke into a home Monday in the 600 block of West Colorado and stole less than $500.
According to the Mesa County Sheriff’s Department:
• A Chevrolet truck was stolen Monday from the 500 block of Perkins Court.
• A construction sign valued at $150 was stolen Monday near N Road and Colorado Highway 139.
• Someone drove away from the Loma Country Store Monday without paying for $35.80 in gas.
According to the Montrose County Sheriff’s Department:
• Michael Williams, 54, was arrested Friday on suspicion of menacing, prohibited use of a weapon, child abuse and carrying a concealed weapon.
• Deputies were investigating Tuesday reports of a sexual assault on Jig Road.
• Joni Tims, 24, was arrested Sunday for allegedly introducing contraband while booked into jail.