Blotter: February 23, 2009
California fugitive booked
• Gary James Beasley, 26, was arrested on suspicion of criminal mischief that caused damage of $1,000 to $20,000 as he fled deputies in the 2500 block of Broadway, according to the Mesa County Sheriff’s Department.
Beasley also was named in a fugitive warrant issued by the U.S. Marshal’s Office in San Diego. He also was booked on suspicion of resisting arrest and obstruction of an officer.
Beasley is suspected of damaging a U.S. marshal’s vehicle as he fled officers.
Drug possession alleged
• James Austin Thomas, 19 was arrested on the corner of North First Street and Rood Avenue on suspicion of possessing Ecstasy, psilocybin mushrooms, marijuana and drug paraphernalia, according to the Grand Junction Police Department.
According to the Grand Junction Police Department:
• Joseph Wilson, 24, and Samuel McCarver, 33, were arrested on suspicion of burglary of a home in the 1700 block of Bunting Avenue and assaulting a person inside.
• James Wallace, 26, was arrested on suspicion of swinging a sledgehammer on a woman in the 1700 block of Bunting Avenue.
• Ron Henry Gallegos, 27, was arrested on suspicion of second-degree theft of a vehicle valued between $1,000 and $20,000 and driving with a revoked license.
• Ten people were ticketed for underage drinking in the 1100 block of Texas Avenue.
• Someone removed a package from the back of an unlocked Jeep parked in a church parking lot on 24 1/2 Road. The package was valued at more than $1,000.
• A thief stole a motorcycle valued at more than $10,000 and other property valued at more than $1,000 from an undisclosed location.
According to the Mesa County Sheriff’s Department:
• Oscar Jesus Manchame, 37, was arrested on suspicion of forgery, possession of a forgery instrument and driving while under suspension after a traffic stop near the intersection of 29 Road and Pinyon Avenue.
• Gerardo Macias, 21, was arrested on suspicion of assault and simple child abuse after a woman was pushed and stabbed her in the leg in front of a teenage boy. The woman’s injuries were not serious.
• David Chadwick Locke, 18, was arrested on suspicion of theft of between $1,000 and $20,000. Locke is suspected of borrowing a friend’s mother’s vehicle, a 1997 maroon Chevrolet Malibu, and not returning it.