Blotter: February 24, 2009
Suspects hid under tree
• Two men were arrested on suspicion of drug offenses Sunday after authorities found them in Carbondale hiding under a tree, according to the Garfield County Sheriff’s Department.
Deputies responded to a suspicious vehicle and found the men, who appeared to be intoxicated, hiding and arrested them on suspicion of possession of cocaine and drug paraphernalia.
One of the men is a juvenile, and he is suspected of being a minor in possession of alcohol in connection with the incident.
According to the Grand Junction Police Department:
• A gun was intentionally fired Sunday at a home in the 500 block of U.S. Highway 50.
• Alex Winn, 18, was issued a ticket Saturday on suspicion of damaging property.
• Two girls, ages 13 and 15, were issued tickets Sunday on suspicion of shoplifting at Mesa Mall.
• Adrian Gil-Sarmiento, 27, was arrested Monday on suspicion of assault and possession of a controlled substance.
According to the Mesa County Sheriff’s Department:
• A thief broke into a car Sunday in the 400 block of Keener Street and stole property valued at $170.
• A car was broken into Sunday in the 3000 block of Lancaster Gate, and property valued at $272 was stolen.
• A thief broke into a car Sunday in the 2800 block of 28 1/2 Road and stole property valued at $2,787.
• A car was broken into Sunday in the 3000 block of Lancaster Gateway, and property valued at $280 was stolen.
• Felipe Pinal-Layva, 31, Clifton was arrested Monday on suspicion of criminal impersonation and an outstanding warrant.
According to the Garfield County Sheriff’s Department:
• Towing equipment was stolen Feb. 16 in Glenwood Springs.
• A convenience store in Carbondale was broken into Tuesday, and a thief stole $150 from the cash register.
• A thief stole a hat and fleece gloves valued at less than $100 from a Jeep on Tuesday in Carbondale.
• A burglar broke into a home in Glenwood Springs on Wednesday and stole a television set, Mac laptop and clothes.
• A thief stole a purse Thursday in Glenwood Springs while the woman who owned it was attending a funeral.
• One hundred gallons of diesel fuel were stolen Friday from construction equipment in Parachute.
• A juvenile is suspected of breaking headlights Friday in a parking lot in Battlement Mesa.
• A burglar broke in a car Sunday in the 2800 block of 28 1/2 Road and stole property valued at $2,787.