Blotter: February 26, 2009
Fiber optic wire severed
• Emergency 911 service was down for approximately three hours Wednesday for Bresnan Communications customers living from F Road to U.S. Highway 50 in Orchard Mesa and from 25 to 28 roads.
An equipment operator severed a fiber optic wire shortly before 9 a.m. Wednesday on F Road, knocking out phone, cable and Internet service for Bresnan customers in the area.
Service was restored about noon, according to Grand Junction Police Department.
Damage to salon academy
• Crime Stoppers needs help locating the person or persons who caused $1,500 in damage to The Salon Professional Academy, 2938 North Ave.
During the early morning hours of
Feb. 5, the glass in the front doors was broken and the doors of the business were bent, according to the Grand Junction Police Department.
Anyone with information is asked to call 241-7867 or 1-800-221-7867.
Calls are anonymous.
According to the Grand Junction Police Department:
• Martin Paul Hearne, 47, was arrested Tuesday on suspicion of felony menacing.
• An assault was reported Tuesday in the 2900 block of D Road.
• A thief removed a trailer valued at more than $1,000 Tuesday from 2317 Interstate Ave.
• A burglar in the southwest part of the city stole more than $1,000 of property from a vehicle on Tuesday and caused more than $1,000 in damage to the same vehicle.