Blotter, Jan. 12, 2014

No injuries in trailer fire

No one was injured Saturday morning in a trailer that burned behind a residence at 371 Rosevale Road.

According to the Grand Junction Fire Department, crews arrived at the scene at 6:17 a.m. and found the trailer engulfed. Its occupant had gotten out, according to the fire department, and there was no potential for the fire to spread to any adjacent homes.

Crews extinguished the fire in about 30 minutes, according to the fire department. Damage is estimated at $7,500.

The fire was caused by a blanket catching fire on a nearby space heater, according to the fire department.

The National Fire Protection Association recommends a 3-foot clear area around all space heaters and to turn them off when leaving the room where they are located.


According to the Grand Junction Police Department:

■ A vehicle was stolen from a parking lot at 1040 Mesa Ave. Tuesday evening and later returned, but with damage from vandalism.

■ Someone stole items valued at less than $300 from a vehicle parked near the 2400 block of Sandridge Court Wednesday afternoon.

■ Items valued at less than $100 were stolen from a vehicle parked in the 300 block of EastValley Circle Friday morning.


Commenting is not available in this channel entry.

Search More Jobs

734 S. Seventh St.
Grand Junction, CO 81501
970-242-5050; M-F 8:00 - 5:00
Subscribe to print edition
eTear Sheets/ePayments

© 2017 Grand Junction Media, Inc.
By using this site you agree to the Visitor Agreement and the Privacy Policy