Blotter: Januarry 29, 2009
Drug possession alleged
• Elizabeth June Velarde, 45, was arrested on suspicion of possession of a methamphetamine and possession of drug paraphernalia after the driver of the car she was riding in was stopped for a traffic violation.
Meth found during stop
• Jamie Shoup, 29, was arrested on suspicion of possession of methamphetamine and drug paraphernalia after she was stopped for a traffic violation, according to the Sheriff’s Department.
According to the Grand Junction Police Department:
• Someone removed more than $1,000 from the Elks Lodge, 249 S. Fourth St.
• Someone stole construction signs valued at less than $500 from a construction area at 2451 Patterson Road.
• Someone caused more than $1,000 in fraud by using the financial device of another person.
According to the Mesa County Sheriff’s Department:
• Someone in the 600 block of Carlsbad Drive reported a theft of five solar lights valued at $100.
According to the Montrose County Sheriff’s Department:
• A deputy took a missing person report in the 69600 block of Miguel Road. The missing person was found.