Blotter: January 05, 2009
Deadly weapon in car
• A Clifton man was arrested early Saturday morning on suspicion of pointing a gun at several people — most of whom were children — while riding in a car, the Mesa County Sheriff’s Department reported.
Martin Legrada Gonzalez, 29, 525 1/2
32 1/8 Road, was jailed on suspicion of nine counts of menacing with a deadly weapon, seven counts of misdemeanor child abuse and a single count of reckless endangerment. He also is being detained on an immigration hold.
According to an arrest affidavit, Gonzalez and another person in the vehicle had been drinking and got into an argument while driving from Delta to Clifton. Gonzales pulled out a gun and pointed it at the other person and several children who were in the vehicle.
Auto theft alleged
• A Clifton man was arrested early Saturday morning on suspicion of stealing a vehicle and eluding police in the 2800 block of Belford Avenue, Grand Junction police said.
Roberto Cruz Hernandez Jr., 25, 543
32 1/8 Road, was arrested in the 500 block of Harris Road. He was jailed on suspicion of first-degree auto theft, first-degree criminal trespass, vehicular eluding, harassment, obstructing a peace officer, driving under revocation and violating a restraining order.
According to the Grand Junction Police Department:
• Juan Carlos Torres, 35, of Glenwood Springs, was arrested Saturday on suspicion of possession of a controlled substance after he was contacted at 2454 U.S. Highway 6&50.
• Shawn Cole, 35, address unknown, and Thomas Stanley, 25, address unknown, were issued summonses Saturday on suspicion of theft of less than $100 in merchandise from City Market, 200 Rood Ave.
• A burglar entered a home in the 1200 block of Elm Avenue on Saturday and stole more than $1,000 in property.
According to the Mesa County Sheriff’s Department:
• Austin James Schell, 24, 15723 57 1/2 Road, Collbran, was arrested Saturday on a warrant on suspicion of theft of $1,000 to $20,000.