Blotter: January 12, 2009
Two men suspected of drugs
• Gene Kenneth Johnson Jr., 42, 2893 D Road, was arrested early Sunday morning on suspicion of illegal drug possession after deputies from the Mesa County Sheriff’s Department contacted him at his home.
A.J. McDuff, 35, 2893 D Road, also was arrested on suspicion of illegal possession.
Both men were booked into Mesa County Jail.
No injuries in two wrecks
• Two accidents along Rio Blanco County Road 5 early Friday morning damaged four cars after snowy conditions made the road slick.
According to the Rio Blanco Sheriff’s Department, around 6:25 a.m. a northbound Ford Explorer slid at mile marker 24 and collided with two oncoming vehicles.
The Sheriff’s Department said at
6:40 a.m. and at the same mile marker, a Chevrolet truck collided with the Ford Explorer from the earlier accident. The Explorer, the Sheriff’s Department reported, was parked on the roadside.
No one was injured in the crashes.
According to the Grand Junction Police Department:
• A thief stole a Grand Junction resident’s Social Security number and used it to obtain jobs in Phoenix, Scottsdale, Ariz., and Louisville, Ky. The victim detected the identity theft when the Internal Revenue Service charged her extra taxes on income she never earned.
• A victim was assaulted in the 100 block of North First Street around midnight Saturday.
According to the Mesa County Sheriff’s Department:
• A vandal caused damages valued at $500 to a car parked in the 300 block of Sunnyside Court sometime Saturday morning.
• A vandal caused damages valued at $250 to a car parked in the 300 block of Sunnyside Court sometime Saturday morning by shooting the vehicle with a BB gun.