Blotter: January 16, 2009
Riverside gunfire investigated
• Grand Junction police are investigating a disturbance in the Riverside area that stemmed from a previous disturbance in Fruita.
During the Riverside area incident, shots were fired from a rifle in a vehicle as it traveled out of the area, according to police reports. A short time later, several additional shots were fired in the 400 block of Rockaway Avenue.
According to the Grand Junction Police Department:
• A burglar stole several items from a home in the 1300 block of Elm Avenue. The home was damaged during the break-in.
• A thief took items valued at less than $500 from a home in the 600 block of Horizon Drive.
• Marty Tompkins, 26, was arrested at 2714 U.S. Highway 50 on suspicion of possessing drugs and drug paraphernalia and someone else’s financial transaction device.
According to the Mesa County Sheriff’s Department:
• Jacob Fletcher, 28, 373 Ridges Blvd., was arrested and strip-searched on suspicion of two counts of theft.
• Christina Bybee, 50, 142 Sundance Court, was arrested on a warrant on suspicion of first-degree burglary, third-degree assault and criminal mischief.
• Cory Winkel, 25, 274 E. Hanover Circle, was arrested on suspicion of first-degree auto theft.
• Jose Tarango, 20, 480 28 1/4 Road, was arrested on suspicion of first-degree forgery and possessing a forgery instrument.
• Pearl Thomas, 27, 1425 Ouray St., was arrested on suspicion of violating probation, possessing drugs and drug paraphernalia and theft of less than $500.