Blotter: January 18, 2009
Teens spur complaints about driving
• The Mesa County Sheriff’s Department received two complaints that three teenage boys were driving recklessly in the parking lot and the streets near Mountain View Bible Church, 1173 17 1/2 Road in Fruita. Reports said the boys were driving in the area each day about 3 p.m. and had removed chain barriers to get access into the lot.
According to the Grand Junction Police Department:
• A vandal damaged three statues on Main Street, causing less than $10,000 in damage.
• Tristan Lamoreaux, 23, was issued a summons on suspicion of shoplifting $1,000 in property.
• Someone reported a known woman committed sexual offenses with two men in the northeast part of the city.
• A vandal damaged two cars parked next to each other in the parking lot of an apartment complex on Hill Avenue by scratching and writing on the exterior finish, causing damage estimated under $1,000.
• A man bought items totaling less than $500 by using a fake check at 2405 Patterson Road.
• A 17-year-old boy was arrested on suspicion of second-degree burglary and criminal mischief.
According to the Mesa County Sheriff’s Department:
• Martin Reedy, 44, of Dolores, was arrested on suspicion of possessing drugs and drug paraphernalia.
• Jason Selders, 32, 927 Colorado Ave., No. 1, was arrested on suspicion of drug possession and possession of a weapon by a previous offender.
• Deputies responded to the 500 block of Eastmoore Drive after a report that an intoxicated woman had knocked on the door of a man’s house, walked past him and passed out on his couch. She was transported to Colorado West Mental Health on an alcohol hold.
• Maria Reyna-Meza, 22, 424 32 Road, No. 191 in Clifton, was arrested on suspicion of second-degree burglary and theft of between $500 and $1,000.