Blotter: January 19, 2009
5 gallons of gas stolen
• Cheaper fuel prices aren’t keeping some folks from stealing it, according to the Mesa County Sheriff’s Department.
A person in the 2800 block of Sunridge Road reported that five gallons of gas valued at about $10 was stolen from a vehicle parked there.
No suspects were identified.
According to the Mesa County Sheriff’s Department:
• A gym bag packed with a change of clothes, shoes and $15 in change was stolen from a vehicle parked in the 600 block of Starlight Drive.
• Two 20-year-olds, Jonathan Thuma and Krista Leigh Leonard, were arrested in the 400 block of Jurassic Drive on suspicion of methamphetamine possession and possession of drug paraphernalia.
• William Carper, 29, received a summons after allegedly urinating in the coat room at Cactus Canyon, 3210 Interstate 70 Business Loop.
According to the Fruita Police Department:
• John Henry Cota, 43, 1790 F Road, was arrested and booked into Mesa County Jail on suspicion of drug distribution, drug possession, driving under the influence of alcohol, possession of drug paraphernalia and possession of marijuna.