Blotter: January 22, 2009
Man accused of assault
• Justin David Noel Fritz, 24, of Grand Junction was booked into the Mesa County jail on suspicion of almost choking a person to death, according to the Grand Junction Police Department.
Fritz is being held on a class three felony assault charge.
The victim was taken to St. Mary’s Hospital, where a doctor described the victim’s injuries as serious with a substantial risk of death.
Man accused of drugs
• A man with a history of assaults on police officers and domestic violence was arrested in Canyon View Park on suspicion of possessing drugs and drug paraphernalia, according to the Grand Junction Police Department.
Jamal Logan, 26, had marijuana, cocaine and drug paraphernalia in his car while he was parked at the park, police said.
Officers determined that he intended to sell the drugs, according to his arrest affidavit.
According to the Grand Junction Police Department:
• A person was sexually assaulted in the northeast sector of the city. An investigation is ongoing.
• Someone stole more than $1,000 from the Wal-Mart store at 2881 North Ave.
• Items worth over $1,000 were stolen from an unlocked vehicle in the area of 2660 B 1/2 Road.
• Edward Davis, 31, of Delta, was accused of physically harassing a person and carrying a concealed weapon at 2897 North Ave.
According to the Montrose County Sheriff’s Department:
• Deputies responded to the 62600 block of Jeremy Road on a report of stray dogs.
• Criminal mischief was reported in the area of the 62400 block of Silver Springs.