Blotter: January 24, 2009
Vehicle fire may be arson
• Police were dispatched to a vehicle fire Sunday in Glenwood Springs, according to the Garfield County Sheriff’s Department.
The fire is under investigation as second-degree arson.
The vehicle had also been reported stolen.
Construction signs stolen
• Thirty-five construction signs have been stolen from around the city since the beginning of April 2008, according to the Mesa County Sheriff’s Department.
The signs are valued at $11,000. Some of the signs were recently found.
The latest theft occurred Thursday in the 800 block of 21 Road.
According to the Grand Junction Police Department:
• A car valued at more than $1,000 was stolen Wednesday from the 300 block of East Valley Circle.
• A home was broken into Thursday in the 2500 block of Van Buren Drive, and property valued at more than $10,000 was stolen.
• A thief stole a victim’s identity Thursday and took more than $1,000.
• A 10-year-old boy was issued a ticket Thursday after he allegedly interfered with the faculty and staff of an educational institution.
• A 1995 Jeep Wrangler valued at more than $1,000 was stolen Thursday from a parking lot on North First Street.
• A burglar broke into a home in the 500 block of Rockaway Avenue and stole property valued at less than $500.
• A burglar broke into an office Thursday in the 2600 block of North Seventh Street and stole a bag of items valued at $60.
• Austin Adamson, 18, was issued a ticket Friday for allegedly assaulting a person in the 500 block of Main Street.
According to the Mesa County Sheriff’s Department:
• Nestoria Victoria Castillo, 29, Parachute, was arrested Thursday on suspicion of accessory to a crime and tampering with evidence.
• A 1974 Internal Scout valued at $3,000 was stolen Thursday from the 3200 block of F Road.
• Eduardo Jimenez-Gonzalez, 36, was issued a ticket Thursday for allegedly shoplifting from a City Market.
• A thief tried to break into a vehicle Wednesday in the 400 block of 32 Road.
According to the Garfield County Sheriff’s Department:
• Two vehicles in Parachute were broken into Jan. 16, and stereo equipment was stolen from both.
• Police are investigating a possible sexual assault on a child Jan. 16 in New Castle.
• Drugs and drug paraphernalia were found Saturday in a vehicle in Silt.