Blotter: January 28
Woman dies of injuries
• The 45-year-old woman hit by a pickup late Sunday in the 800 block of Independent Avenue has died, according to the Mesa County Coroner’s Office. The cause of her death was listed as multiple injuries.
The report from the coroner’s office indicates that the woman intentionally dove into the path of the vehicle and was struck. Preliminary toxicology results indicate she was intoxicated at the time of the crash.
“The driver of the pickup is not being cited for any violation,” police said.
Juvenile jailed on warrants
• A juvenile was arrested at his home for two warrants, one for contempt of court on auto theft and the other for illegal possession of a credit card, according to the Grand Junction Police Department.
The 15-year-old was taken to the Division of Youth Corrections. Total bond was $2,000.
According to the Grand Junction Police Department:
• A motorcycle valued at more than $1,000 was taken from the 1200 block of Elm Avenue. The keys were not in the bike.
• A person reported being sexually assaulted in the north part of the city.
• Someone broke into two vehicles parked in the same driveway on the 2900 block of Circling Hawk Court and stole items valued at more than $1,000.
• Burglars stole items valued at more than $1,000 from a house under construction at 2927 Riverbend Lane.
• Someone threw a large rock at a vehicle in the 2000 block of Ouray Avenue and caused $1,000 in damages.
According to the Mesa County Sheriff’s Department:
• A debit card number was stolen and used to purchase items totaling $226.30.
• Two girls were arrested on suspicion of underage drinking in the parking lot of a closed drug store.
According to the Montrose County Sheriff’s Department:
• A theft was reported in the 7600 block of 6150 Road.