Blotter: January 30, 2009
Sex assault on child alleged
• Carlos Martin Gutierrez-Rodriguez, 24, 1321 Kennedy Ave., No. 6, was arrested Wednesday afternoon on suspicion of sexual assault on a child without the use of force after officers with the Grand Junction Police Department contacted him in the 600 block of Ute Avenue.
He was booked into Mesa County Jail later that day.
DUI patrols to increase
• The Mesa County Sheriff’s Department and other law enforcement agencies across the state will have additional patrols this weekend to look for drunken drivers.
“I want people to enjoy themselves during this eventful weekend,” Mesa County Sheriff Stan Hilkey said in a statement. “However, for those people who choose to drink, know that you need to plan ahead and have safe and sober means of transportation.”
Drugs alleged in arrest
• Angela Mae Burleson, 25, 3268 E Road, No. 74, was arrested on suspicion of methamphetamine possession after an officer with the Grand Junction Police Department contacted her in the 2900 block of North Avenue during a traffic stop.
According to Burleson’s arrest affidavit, when the officer searched her purse, he found a small bag containing less than a gram of methamphetamine.
According to the Grand Junction Police Department:
• A thief stole $1,700 worth of jewelry from a home in the 500 block of Belford Avenue sometime Wednesday afternoon.
• A man sexually assaulted a girl in the northwest part of the city sometime Wednesday.
• Someone assaulted a victim early Thursday morning near the intersection of Orchard Avenue and 38 3/4 Road.
According to the Mesa County Sheriff’s Department:
• Lisa Marie Lambert, 43, 90 Whiting Road in Whitewater, was arrested Wednesday on suspicion of possession of a weapon by a previous offender after deputies contacted her near her home. Lambert was booked into the Mesa County Jail later that day.
• Michael Duane Fix, 20, 201 S. 15th St., was arrested Wednesday night on suspicion of illegal weapon possession and contributing to the delinquency of a minor after deputies contacted him near the Interstate 70 Business Loop.