Blotter: July 03, 2009
Robbery reported in GJ
• Grand Junction police are investigating an incident in which a juvenile reportedly robbed another person.
Police say the juvenile threatened to beat up the victim and stole his hat and shirt in the 1200 block of Gunnison Avenue. The clothing was valued at $50.
The incident was reported Wednesday.
According to the Grand Junction Police Department:
• Derrick Anthony Coates, 21, 543 N. 20th St., was arrested Wednesday on a warrant on suspicion of menacing with a deadly weapon.
• Officers reported a motorist was speeding and eluded them in the area of 27 Road and Pacific Drive on Tuesday.
• Someone scratched a vehicle in the 400 block of 28 1/4 Road, causing more than $1,000 in damage.
• Someone removed more than $1,000 in items from two jet skis in the 2800 block of North Avenue on Tuesday.
According to the Mesa County Sheriff’s Department:
• A man living in the 500 block of West Willow Court reported Wednesday that someone dented his vehicle, causing more than $1,000 in damage.