Blotter: July 09, 2009
Keys, vehicle titles stolen
• Crime Stoppers seeks information about the theft of a truck and a trailer, as well as keys and titles to 36 vehicles, from Pine Country Auto, 2514 U.S. Highway 6&50, between 9 p.m. June 26 and 8:30 a.m. June 27.
Also stolen were a 2007 Dodge 3500 quad-cab truck valued at $35,700 and a hydraulic dump trailer valued at $9,000.
If you have information about this crime, call Crime Stoppers at 241-7867. Calls are anonymous.
3 men suspected of theft
• Dustin Michael Wise, 19, 1045 R Road; Joshua Tyler Hayden, 19, of Loma; and Joseph Samuel Hampton, 18, 1320 M 1/4 Road, were each arrested Wednesday morning on suspicion of theft of between $1,000 and $20,000 in connection with an incident on Mill Tailings Road, according to the Mesa County Sheriff’s Department.
Hayden and Hampton also were arrested on suspicion of complicity, according to each man’s arrest affidavit. Wise also was arrested on a charge of tampering with evidence, according to his arrest affidavit.
According to the Grand Junction Police Department:
• Jonathan Albert Eaton Jr., 29, 602 Ouray Ave., was arrested Wednesday near the intersection of North Third Street and Hill Avenue on suspicion of DUI and driving while his license was revoked for being a habitual traffic offender for alcohol-related offenses. He also was named in a Garfield County warrant for contempt of court on a DUI charge.
• A child was sexually assaulted by a man Tuesday in the southwestern portion of the city.
• Someone cut a chain on a flatbed trailer Tuesday and stole tools valued at more than $1,000 worth of tools from an empty lot in the 800 block of Colorado Avenue.
• Someone stole more than $1,000 in currency Tuesday from a residence in the 300 block of Colorado Avenue.
• Someone stole tools valued at more than $1,000 Tuesday from a garage in the 1600 block of North 23rd Street.