Blotter: July 23, 2009
Multiple violations alleged
• Roger Allen Stewart, 47, 3190 Interstate 70 Frontage Road, was arrested Tuesday on suspicion of possession of a controlled substance, driving with a restrained license, possession of a financial transaction device, possession of marijuana, possession of drug paraphernalia, driving with no proof of insurance, and driving an unregistered vehicle, according to the Grand Junction Police Department.
Man accused of assault
• Evert Sweatfield, 55, address unknown, was arrested Tuesday outside Weavers’ Tavern on suspicion of assaulting the owner of the business after the owner asked Sweatfield to leave, according to the Grand Junction Police Department.
Electronic gear stolen
• An electronic item valued at $400 was stolen Tuesday from a home in the 400 block of Carson Lake Drive, according to the Mesa County Sheriff’s Department.
According to the Delta Police Department:
• Officers on Sunday cited four teenagers for destruction of property. They are suspected of bashing mailboxes in a residential area.
• Items were stolen from a Delta garage Monday. The case is being investigated.