Blotter: July 26, 2009
• A homeowner in the 1200 block of O Road will probably have to get a new mailbox after someone put an explosive device inside it on Friday night, according to the Mesa County Sheriff’s Department.
The Grand Junction Fire Department was called to the home to assist deputies after the mailbox exploded and caused a small fire.
Damage is estimated at $15, the department said.
According to the Grand Junction Police Department:
• Fernando Rodriguez, 21, was arrested and booked into Mesa County Jail on Friday on suspicion of first-degree trespass on a vehicle, two counts of theft of less than $500, first-degree forgery, criminal impersonation, criminal mischief and two warrants for failing to appear in court.
• A 16-year-old boy entered a trailer parked at 1226 Winters Ave. on Friday and stole a vehicle from the residence that was valued at more than $1,000.
• Vandals broke windows Friday in a home in the 400 block of Hall Avenue and took items valued at more than $1,000.
According to the Mesa County Sheriff’s Department:
• Nicholas Leandre Hammond, 26, 2800 D Road, was arrested and booked into Mesa County Jail on Friday on suspicion of second-degree assault on a peace officer and two counts of third-degree assault.
• A thief stole a kayak Friday valued at $700 from the 3000 block of Colorado Avenue.
• Deputies responded to a report of felony menacing early Saturday morning after someone in the 2900 block of Orchard Avenue reported that two males threatened him with a rifle and possibly another weapon.