Blotter: June 01, 2009
Silt woman still critical after rollover
• Teal Harper, 21, of Silt, remained in critical condition Sunday at St. Mary’s Hospital after a rollover in Garfield County.
Harper was behind the wheel of a Subaru station wagon that careened off County Road 331 about two miles south of Interstate 70 around 5 a.m. Friday, according to the Colorado State Patrol. Alcohol and speed are suspected factors, troopers said.
According to the Grand Junction Police Department:
• A man is suspected of deceiving a business with “counterfeit products” for a loss valued at more than $1,000. The report was received Thursday.
• A business in the 2800 block of North Avenue reported Friday that it received less than $100 of counterfeit cash.
• A burglar Friday broke into a truck parked near G and 25 1/2 roads and stole items valued at less than $1,000.
• A thief cut the “soft top” of a vehicle parked in the 1800 block of Bunting Avenue on Saturday and stole property valued at more than $1,000 from the vehicle.
• Martin Craig Burt, 54, address unknown, was arrested Friday on suspicion of possession and distribution of more than a gram of methamphetamine as well as pills that he didn’t have a prescription for. Burt was arrested after a traffic stop in the 500 block of 29 Road.
According to the Mesa County Sheriff’s Department:
• Deputies responded Saturday to a report of an assault in the 3100 block of Palomino Way. The two individuals involved declined to press charges.