Blotter: June 06, 2009
Hearing for Delta father
A case against a 20-year-old Delta man accused of killing his 5-month-old daughter was bound over to Delta County District Court.
A preliminary hearing, which determines whether there is enough evidence for a case to proceed, lasted for much of the day Friday in the case of Daven Beck. Beck was arrested March 31 on suspicion of killing Cady Beck during a Dec. 22 incident.
Daven Beck returns to court July 6.
Mom, daughter arrested
A Clifton mother and daughter were arrested and booked into Mesa County Jail on Thursday on suspicion of driving a stolen rental vehicle, according to the Mesa County Sheriff’s Department.
Deputies located the women, Alesha Kay Murray, 22, and Lisa Irene Murray, 42, after arriving at a home that belonged to an inmate at the jail who said there were people living at his home in the 3300 block of F Road that he wanted removed.
When police arrived, they identified a white Chevy Malibu in the driveway that had been reported stolen.
Police determined that the two women in the home had been driving the vehicle, the Sheriff’s Department said.
According to the Grand Junction Police Department:
• Damages of more than $1,000 were caused when someone on Thursday cut the top of a convertible vehicle that was parked in the 600 block of Ignacio Court.
• Two juveniles ages 14 and 15 received summonses on Thursday on suspicion of shoplifting at a business in the 2700 block of U.S. Highway 6&50.
• A television set valued at more than $1,000 was reported stolen Thursday from a home in the 600 block of Rae Lynn Street.
• Thomas Michael Patterson, 19, 650 South Ave., was arrested and booked into Mesa County Jail on Thursday on suspicion of drug possession, introducing contraband into the jail and failing to register as a sex offender.
According to the Mesa County Sheriff’s Department:
• A Rifle man reported Thursday that a black duffel bag with items valued at $400 fell out of his truck somewhere between
De Beque and 24 Road along Interstate 70.
• A bicycle valued at $100 was taken from a backyard of a home in the 3200 block of Mesa Avenue.