Blotter: June 14, 2009
• A 30-year-old Grand Junction man was arrested and booked into Mesa County Jail early Saturday morning on suspicion of menacing and for allegedly threatening to shoot a woman he was with as well as any police who came to the home, according to the Mesa County Sheriff’s Department.
The woman in the home said Randy
McQuinston, who was observed by police to be intoxicated, pulled out a gun while he made the threats; and the woman would not go back into the home until police arrived, according to an arrest affidavit.
Police found five guns in the trunk of the man’s vehicle, one of which had a bullet in its chamber.
According to the Grand Junction Police Department:
• Laurie Ann Standley, 42, 1821 David Street, No. 2, was arrested Saturday on suspicion of theft of $1,000 to $20,000.
• Ian Steve Calegory, 39, 319 Pitkin Ave., was arrested on suspicion of drug possession and possession of marijuana. He also had two warrants for failing to appear in court and contempt of court.
• Jarrod Andrew Ballard, 28, 444 N. 24th St., was arrested on suspicion of second-degree burglary, theft of less than $500. He also had a warrant for failing to appear in court.
According to the Mesa County Sheriff’s Department:
• A window was broken and items were taken Friday from a vehicle parked in the 3200 block of Silver Court. Damages are estimated at $450.
• Items valued at $680 were reported stolen Friday from three vehicles parked in the 3200 block of D 3/4 Road.
• Items valued at $80 were reported stolen Friday from a vehicle in the 3300 block of Rome Lane.
• David Jeffery Delph, 28, 530 Mockingbird Lane, was arrested on suspicion of theft of less than $500, two felony counts of first-degree forgery and criminal impersonation.