Blotter: June 15, 2009
Accused robber’s bond $60K
• A magistrate Sunday set bond at $60,000 for a Clifton man accused of robbing a bank next to a sheriff’s substation on Saturday.
Steven Joseph Erichsen, 25, 3211 Opal Court., No. C, is being held on suspicion of aggravated robbery, theft of between $1,000 and $20,000, menacing with a deadly weapon, criminal impersonation and tampering with evidence in connection with the robbery of Wells Fargo, 3231 Interstate 70 Business Loop.
Authorities say Erichsen handed a teller a note with several misspelled words indicating he had a gun and threatening to shoot her in the head if any alarms sounded. The note said the teller had 60 seconds to put money in a bag.
Erichsen fled the bank, but witnesses pointed Mesa County sheriff’s deputies in the direction he went. He was arrested in the parking lot of a nearby trucking company about 15 minutes later.
According to the Grand Junction Police Department:
• James Bobby Bailon, 38, and Robert Jonathan Morton, 29, both of 322 Fairview Ave., were arrested Saturday at their home on warrants alleging possession of a controlled substance and possession of drug paraphernalia. Bailon also was arrested on suspicion of possession of a dangerous weapon and violating his parole.
• A thief stole a bicycle valued at less than $1,000 from a building in the 100 block of Lilac Lane on Saturday.
• A burglar entered a vehicle in the 700 block of 29 Road on Friday and stole a car stereo and speakers valued at less than $1,000. There was also more than $1,000 in damage to the vehicle.
According to the Mesa County Sheriff’s Department:
• Kyle Mitchell Pantana, 20, 2489 Random Hills Lane, was arrested Saturday on a warrant alleging second-degree burglary, third-degree burglary and felony criminal mischief.
• Jana Danielle Brown, 44, 638 Windes St., was arrested Saturday on a warrant alleging theft of items valued at less than $500.
• Christopher Wade, 32, 529 1/2 Sara Lane, was issued a summons Saturday night on suspicion of keeping a disorderly house. Deputies had been called to Wade’s house two hours earlier for a report of loud music and issued Wade a verbal warning, according to a report.
• A man living in the 2800 block of Collum Lane reported Saturday that someone entered two vehicles parked at his house and stole $2 cash from one of them.
• A thief broke into a vehicle in the 3200 block of Silver Fox Court on Saturday, stealing $8 cash and causing more than $300 damage.
• A thief stole a bike valued at $50 from a yard in the 400 block of Florence Street on Saturday.