Blotter: June 17, 2009
Pair suspected in burglary
• Curtis Ebertowski, 21, of Grand Junction, was arrested Sunday night after he and an accomplice stole electronics equipment from an Office Depot store in Montrose, according to police. The pair fled in a pickup and Montrose officers pursued them to the area of Riverbottom Park, where the truck crashed. Ebertowski was arrested and the second man was believed to have swum across the nearby Uncompahgre River to elude authorities. The truck the pair were in was reported stolen in Mesa County.
3-time deportee arrested
• Jesus Ramon Valenzuela-Duran, 27, address unknown, was arrested Monday on several charges after the car he was driving had been pulled over on Interstate 70 eastbound near the Cameo truck stop. Valenzuela failed roadside sobriety tests and was driving a car reported stolen out of East Carbon, Utah, according to an arrest affidavit. Valenzuela-Duran has a hold from federal immigration authorities which prevents him from posting bond. According to court records, he was deported from the United States in 2001, 2006 and 2007.
According to the Grand Junction Police Department:
• Items valued at more than $1,000 were stolen from a home June 8 in the 2800 block of Fall Creek Drive.
• A liquor store at 801 North Ave. violated the Colorado Liquor Code by selling alcohol to an intoxicated person on June 11.
• Someone stole more than $1,000 from a business Monday in the 900 block of Main Street.
• Narcotics valued at less than $500 were taken Monday from a business in the 200 block of South Seventh St.
• A vehicle valued at more than $20,000 was stolen Monday from the 500 block of Cedar Ave.
According to the Mesa County Sheriff’s Department:
• Deputies were asked Monday to watch the railroad track crossing in De Beque after motorists were seen committing crossing violations.