Blotter: June 22, 2009
Man arrested after child suffers injury
• Jacob Wayne Fields, 23, 3211-G E. Hall Court, was arrested Saturday on suspicion of child abuse causing bodily injury and reckless endangerment. He was accused of throwing a glass plate that hit the floor and broke, injuring a child, according to Fields’ arrest affidavit from the Mesa County Sheriff’s Department.
Driver suspected of drug violations
• Kyle Stuart Richard, 22, 569 32 1/2 Road, was arrested Sunday on suspicion of possession of a controlled substance with intent to distribute, possession of a controlled substance and possession of drug paraphernalia. Richard had been pulled over near F Road and Interstate 70 Business Loop, according to Richard’s arrest affidavit from the Mesa County Sheriff’s Department.
According to the Grand Junction Police Department:
• A thief stole items valued at more than $1,000 from a residence on Walnut Avenue on Friday.
• Someone caused more than $1,000 in damage to property in the 2000 block of Paint Pony Court on Saturday.
According to the Mesa County Sheriff’s Department:
• A generator valued at $400 was stolen from a vehicle parked in the 3100 block of Castle Court on Sunday.