Blotter: June 30, 2009
Teen sentenced in assault
• A 19-year-old man arrested earlier this year on allegations he sexually assaulted a girl at a party last summer was sentenced Monday by District Judge Brian Flynn.
Brandon B. Locke received 10 years to life on probation, 90 days in jail and two years in work release, for pleading guilty earlier this year to attempted sexual assault.
The victim in Locke’s case learned she had been assaulted after a cell phone video of the incident began circulating, according to an arrested affidavit. Locke is seen on the 26-second video “smiling and laughing,” appearing to have sexual intercourse with the girl in a bathroom. No one admitted taking the video.
Bar patron mugged
• Grand Junction police found a man early Monday in the south alley of Main Street sitting in a car with blood on his face, after officers were called about a reported assault.
The man told officers he’d been drinking at the Snowflake Bar, 539 Colorado Ave., when another man asked for a ride. The victim allowed the man to drive the two of them to the area of 12th and Main streets in the alley. They got out of the vehicle, and as they were walking down the alley, the man attacked the victim and demanded money.
The suspect fled with the victim’s wallet. The suspect is described as a white male,
5 feet 10 inches tall, with short black hair, wearing a white cut-off shirt. Anyone with information is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 241-STOP.
According to the Grand Junction Police Department:
• Joshua Kubisiak, 26, address unknown, was issued a summons Saturday on suspicion of criminal mischief in the 1900 block of Linda Lane.
• Twelve people were issued summonses Friday afternoon on suspicion of underage possession or consumption of alcohol at 106 U.S. Highway 6&50.
They are Matthew Barker, 20; Travis Beasley, 20; Nicholas Delia, 19; Cody Fritz, 18; Madelyn Green, 19; Jedediah Herblan, 20; Lucas Laurita, 19; Adam Page, 20; Timothy Rabbitt, 18; Karter Skelton, 19; Elizabeth Solberg, 19; and William Yearsley, 19.
According to the Mesa County Sheriff’s Department:
• Glyn Certonio, address unknown, was issued a summons on suspicion of assaulting a man and a woman Sunday at the Country Jam ranch.
• Mark A. Trujillo, 25, 491 Bling Lane, was arrested Sunday on suspicion of obstruction of a peace officer after being contacted during a dispute. He also had an active parole warrant.
• A vehicle valued at $27,000 was stolen from the 1000 block of U.S. Highway 6&50 in Mack.
According to the Garfield County Sheriff’s Department:
• More than $2,000 in property, including three shotguns and two rifles, were reported stolen Saturday from a storage shed in Carbondale.
No suspects were reported.